Last updated: September 3rd 2018
What Information We Collect & How It Is Used
WEARVR logs technical and usage data such as IP addresses, device ids, user agents, and operating system name and version, when you view or interact with our website(s), information, or services related to the Weave ICO. We do this to improve our services; detect abuse or misconduct; and to ensure the security and availability of those services. We also use this data to measure service traffic and the efficacy of marketing and outreach campaigns, and to diagnose and resolve technical issues or disruptions. We use aggregated, randomised or anonymised data to achieve these goals where it is procedurally and technically reasonable to do so.
Your device’s public IP address may be used to show you localised or customised information or service functionality based on your location, including your exclusion from registering interest or participating in the ICO where you appear to reside in a country that is ineligible to do so.
Registering interest in the Weave ICO
WEARVR processes information provided by users who submit data to us via forms on our website(s). Particularly, we securely store the information users submit to us when they register interest in participating in the Weave ICO: this includes name, email address, phone number, country of residence, nationality, chosen language and potential contribution amount. This information will be used to contact you regarding the Weave ICO and the Weave coin. It will also be aggregated to create summary data indicating interest and participation in the ICO.
You can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link included in every email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating in the Weave ICO
To take part in the Weave public or private sale, or to otherwise receive Weave, you will be required to pass certain identity checks to comply with anti-money laundering legislation. WEARVR contracts a third party for these identity checks, who collects information such as: name, user name and password, email address, telephone number(s), mailing address, social security number, account numbers, payment information, government issued identification documents (e.g., passports, driver’s license, etc.), selfie image, biometric information, IP Address, utility bills and statements to prove your current residence (e.g., bank statements). At the completion of these checks, WEARVR is provided with confirmation of your eligibility to receive Weave and information necessary to complete the transfer of Weave to you.
To facilitate the sale or transfer of Weave coins to you, we need to process financial details such as bank or cryptocurrency exchange account details, or cryptocurrency wallet addresses. These will be used to ensure the correct and secure transfer of Weave to you and to comply with any applicable legal requirements.
You can request we cease processing your personal data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If this occurs, WEARVR will continue to process data it is legally required to - but it will only do so to the extent and for the purpose of fulfilling these legal obligations.
Weave Air Drops
WEARVR will store user account data and any social media account information you choose to provide us when registering for Weave airdrops. We do so to validate user participation in the airdrops, as set out in our Airdrop Terms and Conditions.
We will store your airdrop-related data until you indicate to us that you are no longer interested in participating in any further airdrops by deleting the information from your account. If you choose to remove your social media or other account details before an airdrop has taken place, it may prevent WEARVR from being able to validate your participation in the airdrop. This could mean you will receive fewer Weave tokens (or none at all) in that airdrop.
If you participate in a Weave airdrop, we may email you in the future about new airdrops or related product developments and news. We will also use this email address to provide further instructions or information about how to receive or manage the Weave tokens allocated to you in the airdrop.
We use databases and websites indexed by public search engines to find communities of people who have participated in previous cryptocurrency airdrops (or have expressed an interest in doing so). In these circumstances, we store email addresses in order to send information about Weave and Weave airdrops. In the first email we send to these addresses, we clearly explain where we encountered the email address, why we are sending the email, what information we have access to and how we use it. We also provide a link to remove the email address from our systems. We do not share, distribute, or otherwise make available, these email addresses.
We also work with marketing partners who help us advertise Weave airdrops to their communities or subscribers. In these situations, we do not process any user data until a user registers an account or signs up for an airdrop.
Email & correspondence
If you send us an email, we will store your email address and the information contained in the email, including your name or any other personally identifiable information you may choose to include. We do this in order to correctly address and appropriately respond to your email.
Similarly, if you use some other means of communication to contact us, we will process the information necessary to send you a response. In such an event, we may request additional details from you for the purpose of being able to respond via an alternative medium, such as email.
Who Has Access To Your Information
WEARVR will not share personally identifiable information with other parties except as described in this policy.
WEARVR will allow third parties performing services under contract with WEARVR to access and use personally identifiable information, but only to the extent necessary to provide those services.
The types of third party service providers whom we may share your information with include:
- Payment providers and cryptocurrency exchanges: for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
- IT service providers: for the purposes of data storage, service delivery and analysis;
- KYC (anti-money laundering) check providers: for the purposes of identification checks;
These service providers may have servers that store information outside of the EU.
WEARVR may release personally identifiable information to comply with court orders or laws that require us to disclose such information.
You can set your browser to disable or delete some or all of these cookies. If you chose to do so, some areas and functionality of the site may cease to function correctly or become inaccessible.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
We will keep logs of technical, usage and analytic data for up to 26 months.
If you have registered your interest in the Weave ICO, we will hold the data you have provided until you unsubscribe, or up to a period of 26 months.
If you have provided further information to participate in the public or private token sale, or to receive Weave, then we will retain your information long enough to facilitate this transactions and to satisfy any legal obligations we have.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected.
Under Data Protection Regulations 2018, EU residents have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about them. We have extended these rights to all of our users, no matter where you reside.
The right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
- The right of access: You have the right to obtain access to your information. This will enable you, for example, to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information we hold about you in this way, please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us by emailing us at email@example.com.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of the information that we hold about you, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request the deletion of your information, WEARVR will still need to continue to process any data it is legally required to - but it will only do so to the extent and for the purpose of fulfilling these legal obligations. All data about you that we are not required to continue processing will be deleted as soon as is technically and procedurally possible - and no longer than 30 days.
- The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or ‘suppress’ further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal information in an accessible and transferable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers. This is not a general right however and there are exceptions. To learn more please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com.
- The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority (See Complaints).
- The right to withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. You can object by clicking the “unsubscribe” link, which is at the bottom of all direct marketing correspondence.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or you believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: +44 (0) 303 123 1113